Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Story Time

 This week has been about the same for me too, rushing by at times and dragging on at others. Still doing great though. I feel like these last two weeks have helped me grow a lot, and I bet next two will probably be about the same amount of learning in them as well. Home sounds fun as usual, snow cones, brake shoes, cast, relief society stuff. I'm glad I don't have to deal with relief society stuff. I wouldn't be so good at that. I still don't know what to do dealing with stuff as a district leader. Oh well. 

 Well, for this pday we aren't doing anything special, just gonna hang out in a mall in the free AC or something. It's super hot and humid here, I'm glad I lived in our atttic room thing all that time so I'm already used to it. 

 I'll help you out with a story. This last saturday evening, Elder Buss and I were eating dinner at our apartment and we had some time to relax, but I felt we should get ready to go out finding for a couple hours to finish out the night. So we went out and we forgot to pray out in the apartment, so we prayed in the hallway of our building. As we were praying, I got this image in my head of this one park in our area and felt really strong that that is where we needed to go. So we went there right away. We were there, got partially by a mom(got her number for english class.) Got rejected for a while longer, when we decided to go to this one pavillion where this one mom and kid were. What was really weird was the kid had blonde hair! But he totally asian, super weird and cool. So we talk to them and hit an awkward pause and she said, "well do you have a card to give out or something? If I was going to reject you I would have done it by now." So she said she was actually looking for a church, and we taught them a short lesson. Their prayer was really cute. She said she'll be at church this week:) So I think the lesson I learned is that when you are worthy and do what you should, you'll get blessings. One scripture that I liked about that is Alma 26: something. It says if you repent, have faith and good works you will get revelation. It's true. The time on my mission where I have had special help was when I pushed myself to be obedient or to work hard. This time was super strong. So yeah that's my experience.

For Pday: Hanging out in free AC
Food: went to an awesome member family dinner this week. Sister Lam taught me how to make shrimp(it was amazing:)) also the curry was good too.
Investigators: are sometimes very mafaahn
Random: we are in an indonesian shop emailing right now. 
Teach us word: wai. It's how you say hello on the phone here. say it in a rising tone.
Pictures:nothing new yet.


 That's about it for this week, I love ya'lls and I'll hear from you next week.

Elder Osborne


No comments:

Post a Comment