Monday, May 6, 2013

Another week at the MTC


Leih ho, family!  

It was a great week this week! Thanks so much for the package! It sounds like things are a little more exciting than usual at home. I hope Scott and Deloy get better soon.

Time has flown on my side as well, especially on Pdays. We elders have a great time on Pdays:) We mostly just goof off a bit, eat food, guy stuff. A lot of elders trade ties, but I keep mine cause I'm kind of attached to all of mine. Not a lot of new stuff has really happened here besides just progressing with the gospel and Cantonese real well. I'm gonna push it even harder this week, I'm gonna try some new learning tricks and such. It's amazing how the Spirit helps with the lesson and language too. Also thanks for all the work on the blog, you're awesome! Apparently i wont be an usher till like the last two weeks of the MTC. The food is overall really good. Except for the vegetables. They're kinda bad. 
I have not seen Emily Dotson yet, but I'll keep an eye out.

I asked him how to say: My name is Sister Osborne. I am a missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Because this week in seminary is missionary week and we get points if we can say that in another language! Oh hai Pong ji moy. Oh hai chyungaosi Yeso Geiduk Hauqueih sinke Gaawuih. 

That is how you kinda say that in Cantonese without tones. 


Oh, and one more thing, I'm gonna say sorry in advance for this. My CD player broke somehow. For some weird reason it just petered out and won't work anymore. So could you send me another one please? I'll send back the broken one soon so you can take it back if you want. I'm so sorry! CD players are the only thing the bookstore doesn't have, and I really need it for sounds and tones stuff. I feel so bad! 
 Well, that's about it for this week email-wise. I'll send y'all a letter soon with more details. I love all of you so much! 
Love,
Elder Osborne



All the pictures I've got this week are of me and Elder Peterson. We're besties:) He's nerdy like me and we hang out a bit every night:)




No comments:

Post a Comment