Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Memorial Day

Dear Family,

It's been a good week! Sorry about all the craziness last week, we had another super busy P-day and in all the chaos of laundry and everything I didn't email you. I thought i did but I guess not.

Memorial day at the MTC is weird. Most everything is closed, so I can't get a haircut or pick up my dry cleaning today:/ The Temple is also closed, so I've got a ton of free time, which was way weird. Weird P-days are weird. This also is gonna make getting ready to leave a bit more complicated, but it wont be any trouble. I miss visiting the cemetery with everyone for memorial day, It's feels odd not to, but I'm a missionary, so odd is the norm here:)

We do have Mexican food every once in a while here. Saturday, I actually made a Quesadilla from the wrap bar, everyone thought I was a genius, it was great! It was also delicious. My favorite ice cream here is the same as before, mintnchip all da way! One time they had mintnchip brownie flavor! that was the beeeesssst!!!! 

In other news, we got our travel plans this last week! We'll be leaving the MTC at 3 in the morning on Monday (June 3rd), so we're pretty much running away:) we're landing in San Francisco at like 7:30 am and we are gonna be there for about 6 hours (till 12:50) so I think I'll call you in San Fran! I thought it's pretty cool, my last place in the U.S. is where Dad served his mission. That's pretty sweet. This feels kinda redundant, I already wrote this in my letter. Oh well. The flight to Hong Kong is gonna take about 16-18 hours, it's gonna be awesome! We've been doing the math and I think I'm gonna go for over 30 hours without sleeping!!! Woo!! (not sarcasm, I'm genuinely excited to go for it!) That and just going is getting me super hyper to go! :)

If you're a bit curious as to how much Cantonese I've learned in the MTC, I've just learned how to say "What are you doing?" just this week and our Hong Kong native teacher says that we sound a bit like old women. That's after we've learned our entire basic grammar book. Jk, it's not half as bad as it sounds but we've all got a long way to go.

Everyone is super excited and a bit nervous at the same time. I'm just excited! Leaving the MTC is a bit like high school, except everyone is a bit more mature and there's no swearing. What I mean is I feel like I'm graduating all over again. It's great! It has gone by so fast!

This week we all watched Sister Monson's funeral together. Did you all watch it? It was really good, but it was sad to see President Monson so sad.

The weather has been so nice, I'm glad my last little bit of Utah for a couple years was good weather. I hope the garden and everything is going alright.

Hey mom, laundry is going well, I've taught some people how to clean their collars, I thought that you'd be proud:)

This will be my last P-day here and also my last day to Email you in the U.S. I think. I'll be sending some stuff home soon to make room for all the Cantonese learning books we'll be taking with us so we'll see how that goes. 

 It sounds like life is about the same at home. Happy Memorial Day!! I'll talk to y'all soon while I'm at the airport:)!!

Love ya bunches,
 Elder Osborne:)

No comments:

Post a Comment