Monday, July 1, 2013

Typhoon season


Leih ho!

Wow, Utah weather never ceases to do weird stuff, The weather here has about 3 settings for this season: Super hot and humid, light rain, and super heavy awesome rain. Also it's Typhoon season right now and we know there is a little one already in the Philippines.
Where i am it won't be as bad cause i'm in the new territories. I am prepared with a sweet umbrella just in case though:)
Tell Honey and Lou happy birthday for me one more time. I feel really bad about not having any time to email last week:( but I got plenty of pictures to send this time so maybe that'll make up for it a bit. Also tell jug that he is awesome.
The language is coming along, every week it gets better, but I still have got a lot to go, which is good, it keeps me humble. The work is progressing as well, our numbers are really good and I feel like even more big success is coming if we keep on working our butts off:)
Speaking of work, now you know how fun working for lori and delene is:) It can get stressful, but that was my favorite job I had before I left. Tell Lori and Delene that they're amazing and that I love them. I pass by a tiny flower shop almost every day and it reminds me a bit of them.
Remember, as hot as it gets in Utah, at least it's not humid like Hong Kong. The altoids mints you gave me get soft, even if I always keep the container closed! One plus is that I never need to iron my shirts:)
That's about it for this week, I love you and everything is well back home.
Love,

Elder Osborne


Food! The first pic is of bolo bao (pineapple bread) It's the best! It's the round yellowy bread stuff! Sweet stuff (literally)




This is the apartment.  One picture is of my bed, the other is our kitchen, our entire kitchen. We can't even fit 3 Elders in there!


My desk and a bunch of missionaries. The one smaller sister is going to temple square for her real mission in a few weeks! Her name is Sister Yeung (pronounced yerng). If I remember right the Elder on the far left is my awesome companion, Elder Staheli:)


This is a nice view from one of my p days.



I like turtles!


A MTR (subway) map of HK! My area is way close to the top!

A pic of some goofball missionaries on pday!

Pic of missionary planners

This is Elder Falk with my glasses. Elder Falk is awesome, He's also in that big olympus high school mission call youtube video.

This is me on a p day to a Buddhist monastery we call 10 thousand buddhas. 


This is me and one of our investigators, Leo. We're pretty much besties and we like to play the dot game in church together during meetings when the speakers are boring. Is that bad? Anyway he's really awesome and is progressing with the lessons and his commitments really well!

 
Some left over pics from the mtc I forgot to send


No comments:

Post a Comment