Sunday, February 23, 2014

Awesome Week

This was an awesome week! One of our many awesome investigators (Alec) got baptized, and Elder Holland came to Hong Kong and had a fireside for all the members here. He is now the apostle in charge of Asia too. I'm not sure what that means, but it seems really cool. I got to sit in the same hall he talked in. Super cool. I wish you could have seen the people there, Everyone was so happy. The members are super diverse here too. Chinese, whites, Filipinos, Indonesians, and all sorts of other kinds of people too. That was one of the coolest sundays ever. 

 We missionaries will go to a big meeting with Elder Holland tomorrow as well, so we'll see how that goes. I'm super exited. There are some really cool things going on here in HK. Kwun Tong is doing good. I'm getting to know stuff better here. The area is super cool We have spots that we can see Hong Kong Island and the ocean, it's super cool. Things are going really good, we have a lot of really great investigators:) 

 I'm still getting used to new things here, but it's awesome here. I hope things for everyone back home are going good, I love you all, keep up the good work!

 Best thing this week: Alec getting baptized and Elder Holland coming to HK! 
For P-day we are: going to a really cool museum thing. 
My companion: Elder Williams is really cool. He likes Avatar, Coldplay, and Jack Johnson just like me. 
New food: We made some crazy noodle dinner last night cause we had no time to eat, it was good. Color tie today: black and blue 
I am feeling: Happy and Awesome 
Investigators: a ton. 
Story: Alec, our baptism, decided to believe in God the day before missionaries(Elder Williams and his last comp) found him on the street. They met with him a bit and then he came across tons of anti stuff, but he talked to the missionaries instead of thinking we were evil and he was awesome after that. He then felt he was ready faster than his baptismal date(he totally was) to get dunked, so we baptized him yesterday instead of like 3 weeks later.
Tell us about your new area: Kwun Tong is awesome! It's got a little bit of everything, and a lot of hills and stairs. I'll tell ya more later

Love,
Elder Osborne

 Kwun Tong at night.

Me and my best friends, Elder Peterson and Elder Durham


No comments:

Post a Comment